Slightly Obsessed

A long standing living history blog covering all eras with a special focus on clothing, food & social culture as well as first-person reenacting.

Name:
Location: Barrington, 2c79a7d7-8d84-e411-95ca-d4ae52b58f15, United States

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Gone, but Not Forgotten



Rest assured dear readers, I am still here. Life has taken a few surprising turns in the last year. My love of reenacting had to take a back seat for several months and I am only now getting back to the place that I once was. Never once during all that transition did I ever consider giving up my reenacting.

Quite the opposite in fact! The longer I was forced to be away, the more I plotted & planned for a grand return. This new year and new outlook on my reenacting hopes, dreams & goals has resulted in a lot of growth. I now can officially add 1580s Flemish & WW2 German to my permanent reenacting portrayals. I have successfully enlarged my 18th century coffeehouse, have had the pleasure of presenting to museum visitors & come the end of the 2013 season, will have completed my busiest year ever with more than 20 events in various time periods. This year also marks the 3rd year of first person interpretation at the C. Black Coffeehouse.

But the year isn't over yet! I hereby promise that along with all the revamping of my reenacting, I will also make an effort to revitalize this long standing blog.  I have some juicy research on historic salads, a lovely 19th C gentleman's waistcoat project & several other tidbits that I'm sure you all will enjoy. So stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rafael said...

This is fantastic!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home