Slightly Obsessed

A long standing living history blog covering all eras with a special focus on clothing, food & social culture as well as first-person reenacting.

Name:
Location: Barrington, 2c79a7d7-8d84-e411-95ca-d4ae52b58f15, United States

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Back to the Future

My tentative 2008 schedule is here!

2008 Event Calendar

February
8-10 Reenactor Fest 4; Arlington Heights, IL
23-24 OshKosh Trade Show; Oshkosh, WI
? Character Workshop, McHenry, IL

March
15-16 Military through the Ages; Jamestown, VA

April
25-26 *The Gathering at Macktown; Rockton, IL

May
2-4 *Bloody Lake Rendezvous; Woodford, WI
17-18 *Seno Woodland Center; Kenosha, WI
17-18 --Janesville Ren Faire; Janesville, WI
24-25 Fort Koshkonong; Fort Atkinson, WI

June
6-8 Historic Ft. Wayne; Ft. Wayne, IN
6-8 Port Washington Pirate Festival; Port Washington, WI
14 --Maritime Festival; Saint Mary’s City, MD

July
3-12 Private Event; Washington Island, WI
12-13 Gathering on the Theatiki; Bourbonnais, IL
19-20 Bristol Renaissance Faire; Bristol, WI
26-27 Fort St. Joseph Community weekend; Niles, MI

August
1-3 *Pike River Rendezvous; Kenosha, WI
8-10 Pirates at Payneton; Burlington, IN
16-17 Frenchman’s Frolic; Rockford, IL
22-25 --Treasure Island; Jersey, Channel Islands, England
31-Sept 3 Baraboo Rendezvous; Baraboo, WI

September
20-21 *Kohkohmah & Foster Encampment; Kokokmo, IN
27-28 Pioneer Autumn Festival; Belvidere, IL

October
10-12 *Mississinewa 1812; Marion, IN
18-19 *Trail of History; McHenry, IL


November

1st ONWC Colonial Ball; Janesville, WI
8? --Lock House; Harve De Grace, MD

In a way my mind is spinning thinking about doing so many events in one year. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to miss anything either. I know that there is already a conflict between the Janesville Ren. Faire that I've gone to in the past 2 years and the Seno event in Kenosha. I also know that it's possible I won't get out to the east coast for either the Saint Mary's City or the Lock House events, although I do want to at least try. While I'm having a hard time with travel arrangements, I *must* do MTA in March. It's Jamestown for Pete's sake, there is no way I can pass that up! The same goes for the big Jersey event. It's going to take some heavy duty planning but as J says "this is your resume". The events that I attend, the work that I do, the time I take, this is basically my "career" right now and I need to build it. Plus I'm never one to do things half way. It's all the way or nothing.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Contagion said...

You can skip the Fort Koshkonong Rendezvous in Fort Atkinson. I've done it for 6 years and it pretty much sucks. In fact we've already decided not to go back this year.

Seamus, the distillin' Scotsman.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home